After at late night at work & 3hrs sleep I headed to Tolosa MTB park for a mountain bike skills course with MTBSkills.com.au
There were 7 participants and everyone was keen.
We started with techniques for getting over small obstacles, then the general techniques of vision (looking thru corners), position (riding in attack position), momentum & technique (VPMT). The key was to continually apply these to all aspects of riding.
Next were uphill corners - with the important parts being looking thru the corner & physically turning your head, shoulders & body to where you want to go, as well as momentum & having the right body position fwd vs back.
Next were downhill corners applying all of the V.P.M.T. then over drop-offs with the key points being momentum, extending your arms/handlebars fwd & keeping your vision up so you are looking ahead not focused on the edge of the drop off.
After 4 hrs everyone still seemed to want to keep going and could probably have gone for another 4 hrs. The instructors were great and were very encouraging. I would recommend a course for anyone wanting to improve their confidence & bike handling skills.
Matt's Trip Report Pages
- Tony's trips new link: http://tonywatton.net.au/
- Kayak around Maria Island - day trip
- Kayak Circumnavigation of Bruny Island
- Precipitous Bluff - kayak & walk, 3 days, March 20...
- Precipitous Bluff - kayak & walk Jan 2008
- Matthew Watton, Tasmania Circumnavigation attempt ...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #1...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #2...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #3...
- Steve Dineen's solo kayak circumnavigation Tasmania
- Federation Peak
- Farmhouse Creek Track - Judds Cavern
- Port Welshpool to Hogan Island & return
- Port Davey Track walk
- Huonville to Hobart kayak paddle
- John Brewster and Earle de Blonville - First ever ...