On what was supposed to be a day off, I struggled out of bed at 5.30am (after going to bed at 2am) to head to work for the City to Casino fun run - traffic patrol & road closures. It always confuses me why annoyed motorists honk & yell at police for shutting roads - as though we are just doing it to annoy them - for no reason. It was just as crazy when people were angry that we were shutting roads at the Dunalley fires so the Fire Brigades could work without more people being put at risk & so the power companies could get poles back up. Police get all the abuse for shutting a road so the other emergency services can do their jobs.
Anyway, after work I headed out to Clarence MTB park for a ride. After lots of recent crashes & lots of cuts & grazes, I didn't have my heart in it today. I went for an hour & then headed back to the car. I had also bought my surf ski to work so I drove to Howrah beach for a paddle in my Epic V10L. I haven't been on it for a while and it will take a while to get the feel of it. I really need to get the feel for it on the flat first. Today there was a 15kt s/w swell so I did a few runs into it then turned back downwind.
By the time I got home I was worn out after a lack of sleep last night & I lay down in the sun for a nap. Nice!
Matt's Trip Report Pages
- Tony's trips new link: http://tonywatton.net.au/
- Kayak around Maria Island - day trip
- Kayak Circumnavigation of Bruny Island
- Precipitous Bluff - kayak & walk, 3 days, March 20...
- Precipitous Bluff - kayak & walk Jan 2008
- Matthew Watton, Tasmania Circumnavigation attempt ...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #1...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #2...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #3...
- Steve Dineen's solo kayak circumnavigation Tasmania
- Federation Peak
- Farmhouse Creek Track - Judds Cavern
- Port Welshpool to Hogan Island & return
- Port Davey Track walk
- Huonville to Hobart kayak paddle
- John Brewster and Earle de Blonville - First ever ...