On my ride to work, I headed through the Clarence MTB Park (Meehan Ranges). I had been wearing dark riding glasses but when I got into the dense trees, I couldn't see the track properly. I took off my glasses to see the rocks & roots more easily but I managed to scratch my left eye as I rode through a branch. I got a bit of 'stuff' in my left eye & it was really irritating.
20 mins later at work I managed to wash the 3mm bit of stuff out but my eye was very red & inflamed. I went to an optometrist & they found a scratched cornea & I had scraped of some of the top layer (whatever bit that is) - which they found by putting dye in my eye.
The lesson from all that is wear clear riding glasses in the dark areas for protection.
Matt's Trip Report Pages
- Tony's trips new link: http://tonywatton.net.au/
- Kayak around Maria Island - day trip
- Kayak Circumnavigation of Bruny Island
- Precipitous Bluff - kayak & walk, 3 days, March 20...
- Precipitous Bluff - kayak & walk Jan 2008
- Matthew Watton, Tasmania Circumnavigation attempt ...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #1...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #2...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #3...
- Steve Dineen's solo kayak circumnavigation Tasmania
- Federation Peak
- Farmhouse Creek Track - Judds Cavern
- Port Welshpool to Hogan Island & return
- Port Davey Track walk
- Huonville to Hobart kayak paddle
- John Brewster and Earle de Blonville - First ever ...