After working until midnight last night, I had good intentions to get up at 8am and to do some mountain bike riding at Tolosa MTB park or Clarence/Belbins area. The result - after not setting any alarms - was that I woke up at 2pm with no idea what time it was.
I only had time for a quick breakfast/lunch/afternoon tea before heading off for Thursday kayak training.
After the pain of 'un-fitness' at the New Norfolk race I was mentally preparing myself to hurt more in training to improve for races. I need to improve strength & fitness (& get lighter) to be able to stay on the wake of the group at the starts without ruining myself.
Tonight was a good turn-out of roughly 20 paddlers in still, warm conditions with a very light northerly wafting breeze.
We headed off in 3 groups for longer efforts down to Sthn HQ & back to the DSS which was 5.5km. This was hard work and I held a similar pace to my 10km race pace of 11.5ish km/h. On the second effort I started a bit slower & we turned when Ben/Ian reached the half way point & headed back. As I was struggling on the way back I forced myself to keep my stroke together so I didn't fall in a heap.
I was still sweating 30 mins after the session as I got some groceries at the 'stupid big red hand' shopping centre.
Matt's Trip Report Pages
- Tony's trips new link: http://tonywatton.net.au/
- Kayak around Maria Island - day trip
- Kayak Circumnavigation of Bruny Island
- Precipitous Bluff - kayak & walk, 3 days, March 20...
- Precipitous Bluff - kayak & walk Jan 2008
- Matthew Watton, Tasmania Circumnavigation attempt ...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #1...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #2...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #3...
- Steve Dineen's solo kayak circumnavigation Tasmania
- Federation Peak
- Farmhouse Creek Track - Judds Cavern
- Port Welshpool to Hogan Island & return
- Port Davey Track walk
- Huonville to Hobart kayak paddle
- John Brewster and Earle de Blonville - First ever ...